This is a long time coming. I don’t know why it took me so long to post this, but finally… here is my vanilla cupcake recipe. I’ve made this for all my friends and family and customers (sweetxrehab cakes).
The recipe has changed a bit since I’ve started baking this specific recipe, but I think the results from this final recipe produces a moist, fluffy and a tender crumb. It’s a recipe that never fails to impress. I’m sure if you follow these recipes you will get the same results as me.
It’s actually really simple to make. The best way to do this is to measure out all your ingredients first by separating them into two sections. Dry and Wet. Then adding the dry to the wet. Simple! Good Luck!
2 Mixing Bowls
1 Metal Sieve
1 Rubber Spatula
24 Cupcake Pan
24 Cupcake Liners
2 1/2 cup Cake Flour
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Vegetable Oil
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
1 cup Buttermilk, Room Temperature
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next sift the dry ingredients together in one mixing bowl.
2. With a whisk, mix the wet ingredients together until well blended.
3. Next, add about a 1/2 of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Make sure to use a rubber spatula to mix everything together, until just mixed
4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients, and mix until there are no more lumps.
5. Now spoon the batter into the lined-cupcake pan. About 3/4 of a way full.
6. Place into preheated oven for 18 minutes. To check if they are ready, you can use the toothpick test (insert toothpick into largest cupcake, and if it comes out clean its’ ready), or use the finger test (press the cupcake with your finger lightly, it should bounce back and not leave a imprint).
Gallery of Cupcakes
Tips to follow:
- Avoid using anything electrical. i.e. Hand mixer or stand-up mixer. Good ol’ Whisk and Rubber Spatula is all that it is needed. Electrical tools tend to over mix the batter and create tougher products due to the gluten that is created.
- Cake flour!!! but.. if you don’t have that all-purpose flour works too. Just make sure to measure out 2.5 cup of all-purpose flour. Remove 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and place it back in your flour canister. Replace the removed all-purpose flour with 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. If you don’t have cornstarch, just plain all-purpose flour is fine too
- Don’t got vanilla bean paste? Skip it. Just substitute with vanilla extract.
Hope everyone managed to make super moist cupcakes. Stay tune for a super light Italian Buttercream recipe to frost this little sweet cake with!