This was one of my most Pinned posts on Pintrest. So I thought to repost this up for everyone. Tis’ the season for battling colds. One of my favourite remedies to battle a sore throat/cough is Hot Cola and Lemon slices. My mom had given this to me when I was a child and now it’s one of my staple cold remedies for that cold season.
- Cola has an acidity rating of 2.6 on the pH scale because it contains carbonic and phosphoric acid.
- Lemon contain acidic (citrus acid) property which helps to break up the mucus that causes sore throat and also helps to soothe your throat from the pain and inflammation
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants which helps to boost your immune system and fight against the infection
- Lemon is a natural antiseptic which helps to kill the bacteria or viruses in the throat to give relief from the sore throat
- Lemons are rich in several essential vitamins and nutrients. It is anti-bacterial, anti-aging, anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties to boosts up the immune systems to maintain overall health and prevent infections
- Lemon juice increases salivation and helps to moisten or lubricate an irritated throat to get rid of the sore throat
Hot Lemon Cola Recipe
So what you will need is:
- Can of Coca-Cola
- 1/2 a Lemon (or more depending on your preference)
- 1 inch of ginger (optional)
- Add the cola to a sauce pan. Turn on the heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the lemon and then add the lemon slices into the pot. At this point you may add the ginger (sliced in slivers)
- Bring the elixir to a boil for about 2 minutes. Then serve hot.
Thank you for reading! What are some of your at home cold remedies? Let me know in the comments below!