If your looking for a quick meal to make after work, this is the one for you. I made just enough to serve myself and my partner, as well as some extra to bring to work the next day.
This dish, is my Cantonese take on Bolognese Pasta, you may recognize a similar dish at Hong Kong Cafes, but served with rice. This dish is delicious and will soon become one of your favourites to make.
So what you will need is:
4 Teaspoon Cornstarch
1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 Teaspoon Shao Hsing
1 Teaspoon Sweet Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
1 Clove Garlic, smashed
3 Slices of Ginger
125 ml Water
8 Shanghai Bok Choy, washed and prepared
7 oz Uncooked Wheat Noodles
3 Egg Yolks
1. Start a pot of boiling salted water. While waiting for it to boil, start on the beef marinading.
2. Marinade the beef with all the marinade ingredients and allow to marinade for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, the water should be boiling now, cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
4. Heat the grapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium heat, once hot, add the garlic and ginger. Fry until the edges are brown, then discard the garlic and ginger.
5. Add the ground meat, stir and break up, cook until the meat is no longer pink.
6. Add the water. It should create a bit of sauce with the ground meat.
7. Just before the noodles are ready, add the shanghai bok choy to cook. When the noodles are ready, strain the noodles and bok choy in a colander. Divide the noodles and bok choy in the dinner plates. Pour the sauce and meat on top of the noodles. Using a spoon, create a tiny well in the meat sauce to add the egg yolk. Sprinkled with cilantro and serve immediately.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this recipe. I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“. If you have any suggestions of what you’d like to see me make next, let me know in the comments below!