This is a simple appetizer that can be made in advance for your Christmas Dinner parties. There are many different variations to this appetizer, but here is my take. Keeping this as simple as possible.
Prosciutto Wrapped Melon
Here’s what you will need
- 1 ripe cantaloupe (alternatively you can buy already cut melons)
- 7 Pieces of Thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Flat leaf parsley
- Cut the melon into 1 inch wedges
- Cut the prosciutto lengthwise into 14 long pieces
- Wrap each melon with a slice of prosciutto, and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley. Serve cold.
- Drizzle Prosciutto and Melon with aged or reduced balsamic vinegar
- Serve Prosciutto and Melon with mint leaves or basil leaves for added freshness
- Serve Prosciutto and Melon with Balsamic and Mint/Basil together
- Substitute any of the above with Honey Dew or Peaches or Pears or Apples
- Add Fresh Mozzarella, Burrata, Camembert, Bocconcini, Fior di latte or Brie to the mix
- Feta Basil Prosciutto Wraps drizzled with Olive Oil
- Honey Roasted figs wrapped with Prosciutto
- Fresh Mozza/Bocconcini/Burrata/Camembert/Fior Di Latte/Brie wrapped with Prosciutto and drizzled with Pesto (or even balsamic)
Thank you for reading! Do you have another variation on this appetizer? Let me know in the comments below!