Carrots are readily available all year round. These delicious root vegetables are best known for their rich supply of beta-carotene. They are a hardy vegetable that has a good storage period in the refrigerator, if stored properly.
Simple and easy to put together. The prep time was less than 5 minutes! Especially since the carrots were younger and organically grown, I did not have to peel them. If I had purchased conventionally grown carrots, I may have peeled them due to the fact that the carrots may have been grown in pesticides or other chemicals.
Perfectly crispy veggies can totally make a roast dinner. I decided to make this to pair with my sous vide rack of lamb. It was the perfect addition to the meal.
So what you will need is:
750gram (about 8) Bundle of Carrots, mixed colours if available, I purchased mine at Whole Foods
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon White wine Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
2. Wash the carrots under cold water. Place on a paper towel to absorb some of the moisture
3. In the baking sheet you plan to use, add the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, thyme, garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Then add the carrots. Toss the carrots in the mixture.
4. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the preheated oven, and roast for about half an hour or until golden.
5. Remove the carrots from the oven – they should be nicely golden and sticky by now.
6. Serve as a side with your protein and carbs.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this recipe. I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“. If you have any suggestions of what you’d like to see me make next, let me know in the comments below!