Check out my new youtube video for this post!
Less than a week until Thanksgiving! We started the Stress-Free Thanksgiving Series last Saturday. If you haven’t been following, start with the first post on Cranberry Sauce here! We have all the essential recipes posted, from Cranberry Sauce to the Turkey, but to wrap this series up, we need dessert! What better dessert than pumpkin pie? Some people would say that the Pumpkin Pie is just as essential to a Thanksgiving Dinner as the turkey. Keeping with the series theme on Stress-Free, this recipe is a super easy and convenient Pumpkin Pie. But if you’re curious how to make the pie from scratch, from the pastry pie crust to the pumpkin puree, stay tuned!
Canned pumpkin puree is a convenient ingredient for making pumpkin pie fresh out of your oven, but don’t get it confused with pumpkin pie filling. We are doing this convenient, but not that convenient. I’d still like to control how it is spiced and the sugar level. Pumpkin pie filling is flavored with spices already, and also sweetened. So this recipe will be my “convenient” pumpkin recipe, with canned pumpkin puree and a unbaked pie shell.
**The full recipe without photos is on the bottom of the post!**
Makes 1 Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Rest Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
So what you will need is:
1 can (15 oz / 2 cups) pumpkin puree
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
1 x 9 inch unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in a bowl until smooth.
3. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
4. Put the pie into the oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the centre is slightly wobbly.
5. Cool. Garnish as desired. Leftovers are best stored covered in refrigerator.
Garnish suggestions – dust with powdered sugar, sugared cranberries, toasted marshmallows, baked pastry leaves, toasted pecans, whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this recipe. I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
Check out our previous posts for our Stress-Free Thanksgiving Dinner
Sous Vide Turkey Roulade
Basic Turkey Gravy
Sous Vide Apple Sage Dressing
Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
Sous Vide Mashed Potatoes
Sous Vide Honey Glazed Carrots
Sous Vide Cranberry Sauce
If you like these posts, remember to subscribe to get regular notifications!
- 1 can (15 oz / 2 cups) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch unbaked pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Put the pie into the oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the centre is slightly wobbly.
- Cool. Garnish as desired. Leftovers are best stored covered in refrigerator.
- Garnish suggestions - dust with powdered sugar, sugared cranberries, toasted marshmallows, baked pastry leaves, toasted pecans, whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon