Steaming Crab with scallions and ginger is super easy to make. This is a method I’ve learned from my parents and this method of making the crab makes it very tasty. The ginger and scallions will take away any seafood taste and bring out the fresh taste in the crab. You’ll be amazed by how just a few ingredients bring out the fresh flavour of the crab.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
If you like these posts, remember to subscribe to get regular notifications!
Check out tutorial here.
- 1 x 2lb Fresh Crab, broken apart into sections - see video HERE
- 1/4 Cup or 30 grams Ginger, julienned
- 3 Scallions, (cut into 2-inch pieces - separate white part and green)
- 1 Thai Chili, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt or to taste
- Prepare the steamer to steam on high heat.
- Clean the crab.
- Place the crab onto a steam-proof plate.
- Season the top shell and the exposed crab meat lightly with salt.
- Sprinkle the julienned ginger, white part of scallions, and deseed diced chili (optional) over top the crab.
- Place into the prepared steamer to steam for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes, open the lid and add the green part of the scallions.
- Cover with the lid to steam with residual steam for about 30 seconds.
- Serve the crab with white rice. Enjoy!