This dish is frequently served in Chinese restaurants. It is a shell-on Lobster stir-fried with aromatics of scallions and ginger in a light seasoning sauce. It is a lip-smacking finger-licking delicious.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
If you like these posts, remember to subscribe to get regular notifications!
Check out tutorial here.
- 1 Cup Grapeseed Oil, or another oil with a high smoking point
- 1 x 1 to 1 1/2 lb Lobster, Chopped
- 2 -3 Tablespoon Tapioca Starch or Cornstarch
- 2-inch piece Ginger, sliced into coins
- 4 Scallions, (cut into 2-inch pieces - separate white part and green)
- 2 Tablespoon Shaoxing Wine
- 2 Teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of White Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chicken Essence
- Heat oil in a large wok to about 350 degrees F to 400 degrees F. You can check if the oil is hot enough by adding a green onion to see if it sizzles.
- While the oil is heating, toss the lobster with tapioca starch until pieces are well-coated.
- Carefully add lobster pieces to hot oil one piece at a time, do not over crowd the wok or it can cause steaming and we want the lobster to deep-fry, if needed fry in batches.
- Fry until the coating is crisp and pale, about 1 minute or so. Transfer back to a bowl.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon oil. Strain the oil and save the oil for other seafood frying.
- On high heat, heat the wok until it is super hot.
- Add ginger and the white part of the scallions, stirring and tossing constantly, about 45 seconds - it will start to become fragrant.
- Add the lobster to pan and toss to coat.
- Drizzle the wine around the perimeter of the wok. Add the soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, sesame oil, water, and chicken essence.
- Cook and toss for about a minute.
- Then cover with lid and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the green part of the scallions, cover for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with the lobster head and serve.