WHAT IS ANNATTO OIL?
It is a oil that Vietnamese people often use to enhance a dish with taste and vibrant red colour. When Annatto seeds are added to oil, they release a beautiful vibrant orange tone to the oil.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
If you like these posts, remember to subscribe to get regular notifications!
Check out tutorial here.
- 1 Cup Oil
- Annatto Seed ( 5 tbsp + 1 tsp or 1/3 cup or 2 oz)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, then add the oil and the annatto seeds.
- Heat for 3 to 5 minutes. The oil will start to take on a deep golden colour.
- Do not overheat.
- As soon as the colour as seeped into the oil, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain and discard the seeds and pour into a glass jar.
- This can keep for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Makes 1 Cup