We are nearing the final recipe. We made the tapioca noodle (Bánh Canh) and the perfect Basic Pork Stock, and now the shrimp paste. This shrimp paste is another building block to our final recipe on Bánh Canh Bột Lọc Cua. This shrimp paste is a perfect addition to these noodles. We used it to make shrimp balls, but feel free to use it how you prefer, may it be fried shrimp cakes, as a filling in dumplings, or whatever your heart desires.
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
If you like these posts, remember to subscribe to get regular notifications!
Check out tutorial here.
- 1 Shallot (about 30 grams)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 Teaspoon Tapioca Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- Add the shallots and garlic to the food processor. Pulse for a few seconds at a time until the shallots and garlic are minced.
- Next add the shrimp, baking powder, tapioca starch, oil, fish sauce, kosher salt, sugar and white pepper.
- Pulse, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Grind until the mixture is all grinded down.
- The paste is ready to use, or it can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. For long-term storage, store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Makes 1lb