My mother used to make this for us all the time since it is super easy to put together.
Where to buy Chinese fermented black beans?
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I’d like to see how they turned out! “#sweetrehabkitchen“.
Check out tutorial here.
- 1 pound Pork Spare Ribs Cut, rinsed and cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon Fermented black beans, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 Inch piece Ginger, julienned
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Teaspoon Cornstarch or Tapioca Starch
- 1/8 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Shaoxing Wine
- 1 Red Thai Chili Pepper, chopped (de-seed if preferred)
- Bring some water to a simmer in a steamer or in a wok.
- Next, roughly chop the fermented black beans.
- Add the fermented black beans, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, white pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and shaoxing wine to a bowl.
- Mix the sauce together.
- Add the spareribs and mix until the ribs are coated with the sauce.
- In a heatproof plate, add all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the red chili pepper over top.
- Place the plate into the steamer and cover with a lid for 25 to 30 minutes or until the ribs have cooked through. Serve as dim sum or as a delicious dish served with rice.